Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Scratch built slow stick progress.


The overall beast in all its glory of wood and metal bits.

The elevators and rudder. Showing the control rods connected.

The servos ready to do my biding and control this untamed demon.

The propeller taken from an old gas engine rc plane. Hopefully it will do the trick.

My trusty controller. It's always there for me.

Meccanos! Who doesn't love 'em. 

Rubber bands to hold the wings! Yup, ya gotta do watcha gotta do.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome dude! You seem to have thrown together in an impossibly short amount of time.
    Maiden flight this weekend??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah all in all it took about 3 days of part-time work. Yeah I'm very keen to see it fly I reckon it will definitely be ready to -try to- fly this weekend. I don't have a great track record when it comes to keeping them in the air and bringing them down to the ground at less than -100 feet per minute vertical decent.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.